Saturday, January 23, 2010

Plums Today (and a Mini Love-Fest for Three Custom Color Specialists)!

90% of the time I'm wearing some variant of a peachy pink or pinky peach blush (the other 10% it's a bronze or nude shade), but today I decided to mix things when I rediscovered my Watercolours for Cheeks in Violet Lotus by a fabulous and incredibly underrated brand, Three Custom Color Specialists. Watercolours are deeply pigmented cream blushes with a dense, non-sticky texture. They do not dry down to a powder finish so your cheeks have a bit of luminosity to them, but without the thickness of MAC Blushcremes. Violet Lotus looks very bright in the pot and swatched, but can be sheered down to a cheerful "just in from the cold" look that I decided to base today's face around.

I highly recommend checking out Three Custom Color Specialists--their ready to wear eye shadows, lipsticks and glosses are high quality and though I've never tried it, the line built their reputation by duplicating discontinued shades from other brands. I love Trae's Favorite lipstick (I've actually used one of these up), Gail's Favorite Gloss (not on the website but I had them make me up a batch after I finished the first one and they do not charge the "custom" fee for this since it used to be part of the regular line up), and Warm Nectar and Warm Celery eye shadows.

Today's Face of the Day (click the picture to enlarge):
Clockwise from Top Right:
  • Lancome Colour Design Eye Shadow in Snap- a soft smokey purple
  • Korres Mango Butter Lipstick in Natural Purple- a sheer berry
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Rockstar- a shimmering plum
  • Boobi Brown Champagne Quartz Shimmer Metallic Eye Shadow- a warm peachy champagne sparkle
  • Three Custom Color Specialists Watercolours for Cheek in Violet Lotus- a neutral blendable plum-berry

Top to Bottom:
Three Custom Color Specialists Violet Lotus, Korres Natural Purple, Urban Decay Rockstar, Bobbi Brown Champagne Quartz Shimmer, Lancome Snap

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails