Sunday, January 3, 2010

Favorite Bronzers and Highlighters Part 4

The last and final installment in my favorite bronzers and highlighters!
Bare Escentuals Feather Light Mineral Veil (also known as Illuminating Mineral Veil) ($19)- Feather Light Mineral Veil is completely sheer and colorless but with a very luminous, shimmery finish. It can be used lightly all over for evening or on special occasions (it looks particularly nice in candlelight) or just applied to the areas one would normally apply highlighter for a sheer sparkle that won't alter the color of your blush. It may sound silly but to just call it shimmery really isn't doing the product justice--it i almost teeny diamond-like shimmer. Subtle but lovely. (Click on the image below to enlarge it--it sows off the shimmer more accurately).
Body and Soul Charade Blush- sadly this line (and consequently this blush) has been discontinued. I went wild for Body & Soul Cosmetics when they first debuted, largely on account of the stunning, glamorous vintage packaging though they did have some wonderful, high quality products, among them the blushes. Charade was the very first cosmetic item I purchased when I got to college. I went downtown (all by myself in the big bad city of Philly!) to Joan Shepp, a luxe boutique, paid what I remember thinking was a king's ransom on a college student's budget, and brought this home to admire lovingly. To this day I still love Charade! It's a soft matte bronze shade that looks very natural, even on my fair skin. It's highly pigmented so a little goes a long way, but it really does make me look sunkissed and not orange.

Giorgio Armani Sheer Cream Blush 1 ($40)- the texture of this item is not what most people think of when they hear "cream blush." It's very dry and almost hard to the touch, though it blends well and since the product is so pigmented, simply gliding your fingers gently over the surface of the blush will pick up adequate color. This is a soft apricot bronze with white shimmer. This works perfectly as a bronzer on my very light skin without making me look dirty. It is pricey but since so little is needed with each application it will last a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails