- Lancome Miel Glace Blush Subtil- this soft shimmery pinky bronzy beige hadn't been used in quite a while and now that I've rediscovered it, I remember why it's such a highly praised blush among makeup aficionados. It's a great everyday blush whether you're pale or simply want a subtle look (I guess it's obvious that I don't use those little in-compact applicators!).
- Laura Mercier Black Violet Kohl Eye Pencil- black is too harsh with my fair skin and light eyes, but plums and purples don't always provide enough contrast or drama. Black Violet is absolutely the best of both worlds--a deep dark violet shimmer married to a sooty black--with an unbeatable formula. This liner glides on and wears well on me. Amazing on the waterline as well!
- MAC Grain Eye Shadow-I am not the biggest MAC fan, but I spotted Grain in a Company Store (the invite-only version of the Cosmetic Company Outlet) and had to have it. It's a pretty peachy beige shimmer with a hint of taupe in the pan, but is even more flattering when applied than you'd expect. It really brightens up my whole eye and is perfect for a quick, polished look.
- Laura Mercier Stickgloss in Brown Sugar- this is a soft beigey brown mauve in a sheer, moisturizing base. A perfect go-to for work and works very well with Miel Glace.
- Kiehls Vanilla Essence- this tiny vial holds an ultra-concentrated perfume oil. Many vanillas give me a migraine but this doesn't. Kiehls' Vanilla is not a complex fragrance. To me it's vanilla blended with a tiny hint of cherry and almond that I find warm, simple and comforting.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Five Recent Rediscoveries
When you frequently buy new makeup products, often old favorites tend to fall by the wayside. Over the last few days I was determined to get back to using some items I hadn't worn in a while. Here of some products I rediscovered in my collection and was really pleased with this week: