Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Gossip Girl Eye

Unfortunately I look nothing like Blake Lively (the actress who plays Serena Van Der Woodsen on Gossip Girl) and no amount of plastic surgery ever make me will, but that doesn't stop me from loving the eye makeup her character has been sporting in the last few episodes! She wears a super-sparkly very light champagne on her lid and a peachy brown subtly in the crease with a dark brown very close to the lash line. It's absolutely gorgeous and soft and even though our coloring and features could not be more different, I had to try to emulate it. I used MAC Lily White Pigment damp on the lid and on my brow bone, and a blend of the peach and soft taupey brown from Kevyn Aucoin Eye Essential Palette 1 in the crease. I lined close to my lashes with Espresso from Calvin Klein used wet. Korres mascara finished the look. It didn't turn me into Blake but I'm happy with the result--soft and pretty with enough shimmer to look special.

6 comments:

  1. Oooo I like!! I haven't used my coupon yet... trying to decide what to get.. :) all these sales/deals HAD to be in the same month right!!!
    I love how you've done your eyeliner.. so close to the lashline without looking like a "line" :)
    So, I need your advice... how did the EB powder blush look when you checked out the new collection? Unique?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely eye look. I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lakshmi! The EB powder blush is way too cool toned for me but it is on the sheer side. It has a hint of mauve/lavender to it (to my eye anyway). Given how expensive it is I'd definitely try before buying.

    Thanks, Anonymous! I hope you love it on yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you get your line that thin? The look is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Ammie! I just used an old cheapo Sonia Kashuk eye liner brush (no idea if they still make this) and used the shadow wet. I also use a magnifying mirror to line my eyes. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a pretty look and you have gorgeous eyes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails