Monday, April 12, 2010

Lancone Le Crayon Kohl in Black Coffee

I think that Lancome is a seriously underrated brand. Sure it's ubiquitous, many of us grew up watching our mothers and grandmothers use it, and their fragrances are an instant migraine for me, but they have some terrific products, their eye liners and mascaras being exceptional in my opinion. Lancome Artliners and my Holy Grail liquid liners and when I wanted a deep dark bittersweet chocolate color eye pencil, I opted for Lancome Le Crayon Kohl in Black Coffee. This pencil consistently garners raves and when I saw that ebay was full of them for $10 instead of the $23 retail price, I I couldn't hold out.

According to Lancome, Le Crayon Kohl is "[t]he smoky, smudgy eye pencil.

A creamy-smooth pencil for lining, defining, colouring and contouring eyes. Formulated to glide on easily and blend beautifully for dramatically defined to soft and smoldering effects."

The pencil comes in 6 shades and is a good value, even it full price, since it is very long. Black Coffee is a brown so dark it is approaching black, but without any of the harshness or blueness of a black eye liner. It goes on incredibly smoothly with no tugging or dragging. This also means that it smudges easily. I don't have much of a problem with liner smuding on my top lids, but did learn that this guy is not good on the bottom or inner rim.

Two thumbs up, especially if you can snag it on ebay or in order to get a Gift with Purchase.
The flash makes the pencil look a bit warmer and lighter than it actually is, through the swatch is very true to color.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't used this in such a long time- thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely liner, Ammie. Enjoy rediscovering it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails