Sunday, December 20, 2009

Some 'New to Me' Eye Basics

I have more eye shadows than any other beauty product and am constantly promising myself I won't buy any more. Oops.

I recently picked up Urban Decay Matte Eye Shadow in Shakedown ($16) and Origins Underwear for Lids in Golddust ($14.50).

The Urban Decay caught my eye because the shade looked like a slightly warmer version of MAC French Grey, one of my all time favorites. When I tested it, I was surprised at how velvety smooth and pigmented the shadow is! I certainly don't need another shadow, let alone another taupe, but I purchased it anyway and am finding it a lovely workhorse basic. For those unable to find French Grey, this is a good substitute (minus the shimmer). Shakedown combines brown and gray to create a universal taupe that's not too warm or too cool.

Without Flash (French Grey left, Shakedown right):

With Flash (French Grey left, Shakedown right):


Origins Underwear for Lids is an eyeshadow base that comes in two formats, a matte flesh toned one and a collection of shimmery light shades. The product is housed in a small swivel-up tube and glides on creamy but sets for all day wear. Golddust is a light champagne with tiny gold and silver shimmers that my camera refuses to capture. The product is extremely versatile--I've worn it alone, as a base for other shades to make them adhere and add glimmer, to highlight the tear ducts, brow bones and the center of my lids, and just to perk up my face after a long day. This shade can make any 'work' shadow festive enough for a party! Underwear for Lids is inexpensive, tiny enough to fit into any makeup bag, and both the product and shade deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails