Sunday, December 27, 2009

Do You Work Out?


As I'm sitting here typing this, I'm wondering 3 things:
  1. Should go to the gym today? Yes.
  2. Is it somewhat perverse that I go to the gym, workout hard and come home and have onion rings? Probably. And does this mean I should give up the gym or the onion rings? Too close to call.
  3. Does downloading good gym music constitute a workout? Unfortunately not.
I have a love-hate relationship with the gym. On the one hand I love what it does for my body and always feel better after a good workout, especially if I've been under stress. On the other, I really hate every second I'm on the machines and feel like working out makes me hungrier, which makes me eat more, which makes the need for the gym all the greater! It's a vicious cycle!

I keep going because I love anything fried and any baked good I've ever met, have a drawer full of adorable and expensive Lululemon workout gear and according to every magazine article on the topic I'm setting myself up for countless future illnesses, ailments and maladies should I forebear. Not to mention that my gym features Kiehls in the locker rooms.

So do you work out? How do you feel about it? The highlight of your day? A necessary evil? Or just evil? :)

1 comment:

  1. I go thru cycles where I am very disciplined and then I slack off. When I worked, I worked out at least six times a week. Now, that I'm home, I've gotten much lazier.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails