Saturday, December 5, 2009

Urban Decay 24/7

I'm quite sure that I am no where near Urban Decay's target market. I'm 29, an attorney (albeit in corporate America and not private practice), would choose a neutral over a fluorescent eye shadow any time and believe that the majority of drug references and double entendres in their product and color names go right over my head.

That being said, while I'm not an Urban Decay groupie, I am an eye liner fanatic and after hearing innumerable raves for the line's 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils ($17), I had to give them a try. I have to say, these liners live up to the accolades. They glide on (as the name implies) incredibly smoothly with no tugging or dragging and they truly last all day. While there are some outlandish colors that would be fun for a night out (like bright teal), there are also many beautiful, wearable shades. I currently have Stash (a golden olive), Rockstar (a plum) and Bourbon (a coppery brown), all of which have shimmer. The company has recently added several new colors including eggplant and black with silver glitter, a midnight blue and a forest green (which will be next on my list!). My only complaint is that there isn't a good true chocolate brown. I like Bourbon but it is a bit on the light side and skews a bit coppery red on me.

Bottom line, even if you're not an Urban Decay fan, I highly recommend checking out these liners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails