Friday, June 11, 2010

Vapour Beauty Elixir Lip Gloss

I was very excited when I received my sample of Vapour Beauty Elixir Lip Gloss in Sultry in my Spirit Beauty Lounge order. The gloss is said to be made with 70% organic ingredients (the other 30% are mineral pigments and vitamins that are not available as certified organics). It uses a non-petroleum base and combines castor oil and beeswax in a non-chemical process to create a smooth, shiny lip gloss that is moisturizing.

I love the texture of this gloss. It's shiny, smooth and not too thick and there is no stickiness. Some glosses feel goopy and plastic-y while this really does feel nourishing. Sultry looks gorgeous in the packaging--a slightly coral, somewhat russet, natural shade. As you can see in the swatch though, it becomes very sheer when spread. This had almost no color on my lips, unfortunately.

I'm totally torn about Elixir gloss. I love the way it feels on, love the shine and dimension it provides and love that I'm not ingesting chemicals and that it has antioxidants, but I wish it had more color to it. I have enough left in my sample to try this one more time and perhaps I'll like it more applied over lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails