- Ellis Faas Milky Eyes- really for the packaging more than the product. Wednesday morning I had the migraine to end all migraines. Like one of those "call your mother to tell her you love her just in case migraines." Luckily and coincidentally I had an appointment with my migraine specialist for that morning but I had to get myself up and dressed so that I could go there and then to work. I thought that Milky Eyes 203 would make for a quick, polished eye so I took it out (I store it applicator down) and turn the dial. Nothing. And again. Nothing. I must have done this 7 times and nothing came out so I put it down, walked away for 5 minutes and came back and turned it. Nothing. I thought I'd turn it one last time and lo and behold, enough for 5 uses came pouring out. I have no patience for this kind of thing when I'm spending $36 a product. The Milky Lips has the same issue but not nearly as bad. As pretty as the blush and some of the other products look, I'm done with this line.
- MAC Technokohl in Photograuvre- I love this color. It's a dark brown with a lot of black, or a soft browned black. Either way, it's not too harsh but gives a very defined line. Unfortunately the product drags and skips along my lash line. It's just not soft enough. Maybe I am just spoiled by my Laura Mercier Kohls and UD 24/7 liners.
- Aromatherapy Personals- this line of aromatherapeutic roll ons has a variety for seemingly every need from anxiety to crave control. Unfortunately the scents don't last more than a few seconds on the skin, rendering them useless. For a similar de-stress elixir, Origins Peace of Mind works wonderfully.
- Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner- hello, dry, straw-like hair!
- L'Oreal- I've written before about how badly the Healthy Hair Creme Gloss Color destroyed my hair. I sent an email to L'Oreal customer service about it and never received a response, yet I keep receiving email surveys from them asking me to rate the helpfulness of their reply. And these emails are sent from an unattended mailbox so I can't reply to them, letting them know that their advice was beyond useless since they simply ignored me. Frustrating!
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Has Anything Disappointed You Lately?
As much as I love reading about favorites, I think it's also helpful to hear about disappointments so one knows to steer clear! I've had a few lately: