Monday, June 28, 2010

Mood Blush (a.k.a. NARS Turks and Caicos)

I used to love those Mood lipsticks when I was younger. You applied a completely outlandish lipstick shade like blush or yellow and before your eyes the shade morphed into something wearable (actually it usually turned hot pink on me but you get the idea). This is how I feel about NARS Multiple Tint in Turks and Caicos--it's a neon orange in the tube yet somehow, magically, it become a coral pink flush on my cheeks.

I am completely enamored with concept of cheek tints. Translucent stains that impart both a sheer color and a glow? Too perfect. When I heard about the NARS Multiple Tints ($38) I was initially thrilled and then deflated when I saw the limited shade selected: a bright pink, a fuchsia and an orange? Not for me. I'm so pleased that I decided to actually swatch the colors! While Beverly Hills and Cadaques are both beautiful though indeed not for me (I can't wear cool blushes), Turks and Caicos transformed before my eyes into a perfect summer "I've been drinking Long Island Ice Teas in the sun" flush and once applied, lasts all day. I appreciate that it's not shimmery and remains ever so slightly dewy after it's set. It's the perfect thing to wear when you want to look like you just woke up vibrant and rested, not made up.

I have no idea if NARS intended this alchemy or if it was merely a happy accident, but either way I plan to make Turks and Caicos a summer staple.

5 comments:

  1. YAY you got this! Isn't it odd how it goes on a pinky-coral peach? I was thinking it would go on orange. I love the way it looks on the cheeks.

    Great pick :) And yay for crossing things off your wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sabrina! Yup, I got it this weekend and love it! I thought it would be on orange as well but I'm so glad I gave it a shot. It's the perfect summer coral peach. Happy you love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you tempt me so! Where are these available in the city to test out? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Lakshmi! I picked it up at Blue Mercury but SpaceNK might have it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like NARS Multiples but I am sooo tempted to pick this up!!

    shimmering2light.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails