Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Testing Testing 123: Eye Creams (Part 2)

After a month spent getting to know Skyn Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye Cream with Biospheric Complex, I moved on to REN Active 7 Radiant Eye Maintenance Gel ($45). Apparently when it comes to eye creams, the longer the name the better. This is a clear, viscous fluid that is a bit more watery then a typical gel. It is "formulated with mucilages from Fig to cool, refresh and revive tired eyes. Other bio actives include gypenoside (source Jiaogulan), gingenoside (source Ginseng), laminaria and arnica to enhance circulation and reduce puffiness. Tyrosinase inhibitor from Wild Rumex and vitamin P address dark circles under the eyes, while pectins from Sea Grass and natural hyaluronic acid from Corn smooth and tone the eye contour whilst providing lasting hydration."

I used the Radiant Eye Maintenance Gel for about 3 weeks and while I'm nowhere close to tossing my concealer (or even leaving the house without it), this product did work on morning puffiness not just under my eyes by on the lids as well. If I don't sleep somewhat propped up I find my eyes almost swollen looking in the morning, and this alleviated that after a few minutes. While I can't say it worked on my dark circles, it did feel light and refreshing. It did not provide enough moisture to keep my concealer fresh looking all day, but considering it is a gel and not a cream I really wasn't expecting it to, despite the packaging claims. It is your typical .5 oz eye cream size.

I picked up my sample of this from Space NK and would actually consider purchasing a full size, though I would layer it under a more moisturizing cream when using it under makeup. Like all REN products, it is free of parabens, sulfates, pthalates, synthetic dyes, synthetic fragrances and petrochemicals. It's not a holy grail, but it is a good basic product for puffy eyes at a non-exorbitant price.

Ingredients:
Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Glycerin (Source Coconut Oil), Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Zostera Marina Pectin (source Sea Grass), Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans (source Corn), Gynostemma Pentaphyllum (Jiaogulan) Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Rumex occidentalis Extract, Faex (Yeast) Extract, Phenoxyethanol (source Aromatic Ehter), Sodium Carbomer (Source Polymer), Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate (Source Amino Acids).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails