Thursday, May 13, 2010

Early Shampoo and Conditioner Rave

A few weeks ago I used the evil, awful L'Oreal Creme Gloss hair color, a semi-permanent formula that is supposed to wash out in 28 shampoos and leave your hair in even healthier condition post-coloring. Not only has the color not washed out at all, but since I used it my hair has been extremely dry and unbelievably static-filled. Nothing I do (and I've tried everything) eliminates the static. I use a serum during the day to reduce the effect, but as soon as I run a brush through my hair (and I bought all new brushes), I look like I stuck my finger in a light socket. I emailed L'Oreal but never heard back. The damage to my hair is so severe that this, coupled with the utter lack of customer service, means that this will be my last foray into the land of L'Oreal.

I purchased Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner thinking that a shampoo and conditioner switch might cure me. I'd been using Neil George previously and liked it, but figured a change sure couldn't hurt. The Organix smells very nice but the shampoo left my hair feeling hay-like and while the conditioner did ameliorate this somewhat, my hair just felt dry, tangled, and eventually started breaking off! Next!

I then bought Phytojoba Shampoo and Bumble and Bumble Creme de Coco Conditioner (I usually prefer matching sets but made an exception in this case) and I can't believe the difference in my hair after just one shampoo. I obviously can't say that the breakage issue is resolved but the look and feel of my hair is much better--it's softer, shinier and smoother than before (albeit still filled with static. I could not hate the L'Oreal color any more than do). I'm hoping that with time the duo will have an even greater effect on my poor hair! These are not inexpensive at $24 and $22 each, but if they can improve my hairs condition they will be worth the cost.

2 comments:

  1. I had just bought the clear gloss treatment by L'Oreal. Thanks for posting-now I'll pass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to try dry shampoo! This would be so great to win! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails