(The bubbles are from the immersion blender!)
Tuscan Pumpkin White Bean Soup:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 15 ounce can of packed pumpkin puree (I find that the organic has much more flavor)
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock (I use low sodium and add my own salt later)
- 1 15 1/2 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Saute onion in olive oil until tender and translucent, about 5 minutes
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about another minute or so. Be careful not to burn the garlic!
- Add pumpkin, broth, beans, salt and pepper, and pumpkin pie spice. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender until smooth and creamy. Add more seasoning if necessary
- Serve with homemade crostini (I slice a baguette, coat with olive oil, salt and garlic and bake until browned)