I had a doozy of a week! Between moving and a raging bout of insomnia, but DVR capacity managed to reach 92% and my poor blog went a bit untended. For those of you who noticed, thanks (yay! It means you're reading!)! Well now I'm back, my new apartment is almost together and I got a whopping 6 hours of sleep last night which is remarkable for me! So here is what earned MVP status this week:
1. Rock and Republic Imitate Mousse Blush in Rumor- the mousse blushes and eye shadows were absolutely the stars of the Rock and Republic line. The texture is fabulous, it blends effortlessly even on parched skin, and the color can perk up even the most pallid complexions. If you ever bump into these, I can't recommend them highly enough!
2. Carol's Daughter Lemon and Jojoba Cuticle Oil- Between schlepping boxes, cleaning like crazy and washing my hands over and over, my nails, cuticles, and hands have just been ravaged. This cuticle oil smells just like a lemon dessert and moisturizes and protects. It does leave your nail beds greasy initially but in sinks in, leaving your cuticles better looking in the morning.
3. Dermstore.com- I had posted that I was disappointed in the Julie Hewett pink Camellia lip balm I ordered since it was completely colorless despite being described as providing a tint, and Dermstore.com took it back with no hassle, and even emailed me when they had processed my return. I will absolutely be ordering from them again. Fabulous selection and customer service.
4. Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Supreme Shine Lipstick in BG935- this is a great, ultra-hydrating, swipe on and go beigey pink. A very my-lips-but-better shade that's proved to be a workhorse all week.
5. Rapidlash- I was the biggest skeptic when it came to this, but I really truly have seen a difference. I have always had the thinnest, puniest, blondest lashes and a makeup artist asked me last weekend if I was wearing false eyelashes they were so long and lush. Rapidlash (plus my beloved Korres mascara) really has changed my lashes.
6. Julie Hewett Goldie Shimmy- I've been swiping this iridized champagne cream on browbones, cheekbones, above the brows, the cupid's bow...anywhere I want to bring luminosity and glimmer. It also makes skin look luminous and alive.
7. The Container Store- I could spend hours and thousands in this store! I used to think that Bergdorf Goodman was a black hole for time meaning meaning that I'd walk in and then realize it was hours later when I left, but The Container Store may have eclipsed it! There is definitely something a bit perverse about having to buy more things because you already have too much to store, but it's addictive nonetheless. I never realized that I needed so many drawer organizers, mason jars, fole folders, and boot boxes, but I'm happy to have them!
8. Ellis Faas Milky Eyes E209- I hate hate hate the mechanism on this. I'm not sure if I got a bad one or if all of the products work this way, but I twist the applicator...nothing happens. I do it again and wait 30 seconds. Nothing. Again. And again. All of a sudden, 4 minutes have elapsed and on the 7th click, 7 clicks worth of product shoot out! It's incredibly time consuming and wasteful, but I LOVE this color! The formula needs to be layered for the pigment to really show up, but when it does it's just the most beautiful, natural peachy beige color that reads "oh no, I just wake up looking this fabulous" and not "nice eye shadow."
9. My new Closetmaid 25 Cube Organizer- I love shoes but living in NYC apartments, storage has always been a huge issue. I picked up 2 of these for my new apartment and am very happy with them so far! They were not difficult to put together (no cursing was involved) and are a decently efficient use of space. Some cubes fit a full pair (of heels), others fit 2 pairs of shoes (flip flops, thin sandals), and with bulkier items like sneakers, only one shoe will slot into a cubbie. Overall, they were worth the $100 and are the best way I've discovered thus far for apartment shoe storage.
10. West Elm Scent Diffusers in Lapsang Tea and Cinnamon Cedar- They are beautiful to look at, have great throw and the scents are clean and comforting with no hint of that nauseating, fake, potpourri smell.
So what did I miss? And I'd love to hear what you're all loving this week!