Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Testing Testing 123: Eye Creams (Part 3)


I've been using Senna Lift and Lighten Eye Cream since I received several samples last month, and while it's a nice cream, I won't be rushing out to purchase.

"This all-in-one eye cream helps reduce the appearance of darkness and puffiness while toning and hydrating for a smoother, more youthful appearance."

I realize that I'm a very tough customer when it comes to eye creams, so make of my reviews what you will. First, I will say that this is very reasonably priced at only $28 for .5 oz. It is also very thick and moisturizing with a high concentration of shea butter and apricot kernel oil. My concealer went over it nicely, but I noticed no change in either darkness or puffiness. While I've never found an eye treatment that markedly reduced circles, I have used some that nicely counteracted puffiness so I know that it's an achievable result and I expect a product to deliver, at least on that claim.

The ingredient formulation for this eye product is very simple, with Vitamin K, hydrolyzed wheat gluten and some plant extracts down at the bottom of the list. It also contains parabens, a few other preservatives and artificial dye so if those are ingredients you avoid, this isn't for you.

Overall this is a fine moisturizer and a decent base for concealer but don't purchase it expecting it to lift or lighten in my opinion.

Ingredients:
Water, Apricot Kernel Oil, Shea Butter, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 80, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco-Glucoside, Phytonadione, Hydrolyzed Wheat Gluten, Ceratonia Siliqua Gum, Dimethicone, Rosemary Extract, Panthenol, Zinc Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, BHT, Green 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails