Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Mini Binge

So there are good binges (a makeup or shoe haul) and bad binges (eating half a dozen William Greenberg Black & White cookies) and because I was on the verge of the latter thanks to a cornucopia of stress, I decided to effectuate the former. Thus, I found myself on the poorly lit beauty floor of Bergdorf Goodman, telling the Edward Bess Sales Associate that yet another coworker had just commented on how tired I looked and pleading with her for some help.

I walked away with Edward Bess Ultra Luminous Bronzer in Daydream (a favorite of Sabrina over at the Beauty Look Book) and a few Chantecaille goodies that I'll post about tomorrow. I was debating between this bronzer and Chantecaille Capri, but fate intervened when the store was out of the Chantecaille. Daydream is a cocoa-brown shade with no orange or pink tones. It's sheer enough to be used all over the face, but can be built up to be used on the planes of the cheeks, nose and forehead that would naturally be toasted by the sun. I'm using my Bobbi Brown Face Blender brush with it, but the makeup artist applied it with Edward's lovely, though super pricey ($65) version. At $48 this isn't an inexpensive item, but not having a colleague ask when the last time you slept? Priceless.
P.S. I ended up eating 2 mini size of the aforementioned cookies. They really are exceptional. My top 5 favorite cookies in NYC:
  1. William Greenberg Bakery Black and Whites
  2. Financier Patisserie Macarons
  3. Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Walnut and Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip cookies
  4. Not Just Rugelach Zaleti
  5. Crumbs Bake Shop Snickers Cookies

4 comments:

  1. The compact looks beautiful! I've also been thinking a light bronzer would be nice lately to overcome some wintertime pallor =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I must try your cookie destinations! Hope you enjoy the bronzer, and the "luxury" face brush by EB is just that, and perfect for bronzer, I use it almost everyday!
    Btw have you tried the Momofuku milk bar cookies? The most interesting one there is called the Compost cookie: coffee grinds, pretzels, chocolate chips and potato chips!! :) crazy but in a good way, there's plenty of butter and chewy-ness to hold these bizarre ingredients together! Also do try their cake truffles: miniature balls of their full sized cakes: my fave? The birthday cake truffles.... blisssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful (and useful) mini treat! That bronzer looks really soft and natural. Does it have any fragrance? I won't even start on the cookies.... I know I would be in big trouble with those xx jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lakshmi, I haven't tried the compost cookie yet, but I did just have some Ben & Jerry's Late Night Snack which is a similar sweet/salty combo--vanilla bean ice cream with a salted caramel swirl and chocolate covered potato chips.

    Jeanie, the bronzer does have his signature fig scent but it fades quickly.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails