Sunday, March 20, 2011

Clark's Botanicals Ultra Rich Lip Tint


Every now and then, I wish I was one of those girls who had just a chic little makeup bag filled with just a handful of treasured items that, when applied, made her look effortless glamorous and natural at the same time. You know, those starlets and socialites who swear that all they use is MAC Twig lip pencil, a smidge of Rosebud Salve and Maybelline Great Lash before they leave the house? Instead, I have a plethora of beauty products that have taken over my one bedroom apartment and the unlimited number of combinations can make getting ready in the morning a time consuming process. If I was that understated minimalist, I think that Clark's Botanicals Ultra Rich Lip Tint might be one of the the products in my arsenal.

This is a highly emollient lip balm that comes in clear as well as four tinted shades. I ordered Alexandra Rose from Dermstore, and after a (lengthy!) 2 week wait, I received it yesterday. Contrary to the website's characterization as "ultra sheer," I find this to pack a pigmented punch. It's a bright pink learning towards the warmer side that definitely shows up well, even on pigmented lips. It's a great pick me up face brightener and is non-sticky and very moisturizing. The downsides are that it is $19 for a small tube and the product needs to be reapplied often. It also has a very strong scent--sort of a sweet jasmine--that does not dissipate. It's offensive enough to me that I'd actually remove the gloss prior to eating or drinking, but I could those who enjoy scented lip products being fine with it.

Ingredients:
Nutyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Jojoba Esters, Lanolin, Octyldodecanol, Pentaerithrityl Tetraisostearate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Ricinus Communis (Castor OIl), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil), C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Beeswax, Persea Gratissima (Avacado) Oil, Phenyltrimethicone, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Jasmine Officinale (Jasmine) Extract, Polybutene, Fragrances, Saccharin, Allantoin.

2 comments:

  1. Jasmine would trigger a headache for me. I'm surprised you can tolerate the fragrance of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the color very much. It's not really pink but it's more like of a fresh red that make it new and fresh looking.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails