Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weekend Haul

Origins Friends and Family is currently underway through November 19th and that means 25% off everything both online and in Origins boutiques. The brand has never achieved the popularity of some of the other Estee Lauder lines (such as MAC and Bobbi Brown) or the cache (of say, Armani) but it's always resonated with me and been near and dear to my heart. In college it was one of the few cosmetic lines readily available and I am obsessed with the Peace of Mind On the Spot Relief (it's very calming and brilliant for tension headaches) and the Ginger bath, body and fragrance products.

Today I picked up the Ginger Burst Savory Body wash ($22), GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream ($29.50), and Liquid Lip Color in Caramel Candy ($14).

The Body Wash has the signature Origins Ginger smell of warm, comforting ginger brightened by subtle crisp citrus. It's soothing and yummy without being foody at all.

The eye cream promises to brighten and de-puff tired eyes with caffeine, coffee bean, ginseng, and magnolia. It has a very pale pink color and subtle pearlescense to reflect light and optically brighten.
I need another lip gloss like I need a whole in my head, but I happen to love the formula of the Liquid Lip Colors and between the coupon and the pretty color, I succumbed. Caramel Candy is a sheer shimmery peachy beige color with a moisturizing, non-sticky texture and tingly mint scent.
I was initially concerned that it would be too similar to my beloved Hourglass gloss in Ignite (though not enough to deter me from purchasing it) and was pleased to come home and discover that they are not too close at all. The Hourglass has a good deal more pink and more pigment.
I love the look of this gloss on the lips! Very natural but the shimmer and sheen coupled with the peachy beige are stunning! This color would pair equally well with smokey eyes and an LBD as with an almost-bare face (heaven forbid I leave the house without mascara and under eye concealer) and jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails