I don't have a vast lip liner collection, but I use each one I have. Whether it's to extend the life of a lipstick, provide some color beneath a gloss or just to define and shape my lips, I have a few trusty go-tos.
From left to right:
- Chanel Precision Lip Definer in Natural ($28)- Chanel's lip liner in Nude garners accolades, but I prefer the soft peachy pinky nude of Natural. This pencil is creamy enough to be used all over the lips in place of lipstick, though I always top it with a bit of gloss.
- Lancome Lip Contour in Caramel ($22)- this is a self-sharpening liner in a deeper mauvey brown. It gets used more in the fall and winter to anchor bronze and berry shades.
- MAC Cremestick Pearl Liner in Gingeroot ($14)- a pearly natural pink that's great with nude shades.
- Wet and Wild 666 ($1)- the cult favorite. A light berry bronze frost at an unbeatable price. One of the few magazine raves that lives up to the hype. It really is flattering on everyone
- True Cosmetics Lip Definer 1 ($18)- True Cosmetics is a mineral line sold at spas. This is a shimmer-free buff pink a few shades deeper than Gingerroot.
- LORAC 06 ($16)- a pinky plum with a hint of taupe. My go-to with any plummy lip.
- Prescriptives Lipcoling Pencil in Guava ($15.50)- the smoothest formula of any lip liner I've tried, yet the color lasts. Guava is a muted rose that seems to adapt to accommodate warm and cool tones.
- Face Stockholm Lip Liner in Lavish ($17)- the ultimate, perfect red. I wear this on its own blotted down to a stain. It lasts all night and manages to avoid looking garish, a problem I have with most red lipsticks.