Sunday, January 30, 2011

Kiehl's Argan Oil Hair Care


I've been using the highly recommended Alterna Caviar Shampoo and Conditioner for the past few months on my long, straight, fine, dry hair and was still waiting to see the magic when I got to the bottom of the bottles. The products were absolutely fine, but not spectacular enough to repurchase, certainly for the price, and I started searching for replacements. I've had a Kiehl's gift card burning a hole in my wallet forever and figured haircare was a good prospect since I dislike their skincare. I had used the Olive Oil line in the past but given that it contains parabens I opted for the sulfate and paraben free Argan line.

The Superbly Smoothing Argan Shampoo and Conditioner ($18 and $19 respectively) have a slight chemical scent and definitely won't have anyone coming up to you telling you you're hair smells fantastic. The shampoo does a decent job of cleaning the hair without terribly stripping and the conditioner feels very light but has tamed my static-y fly aways. My hair looks smooth and doesn't feel weighed down, and enable me to skip a day of washing my hair without looking greasy.

One small nitpicky issue--the packaging is so ugly! I don't mind the cheap, recyclable bottles since they are typical of the Kiehl's pared down aesthetic, but the color combination is not enticing or attractive. Nonetheless, the products have been working well and I intend to finish them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails