Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rock and Republic Cosmetics-Eye Shadows Part 2

One of my favorite lines, Rock & Republic, was recently featured on online "sample sale" site Hautelook.com, and products were available for roughly 45% off. Of course I couldn't resist but tried to be restrained. I picked up 3 more shadows and a duplicate of one of my favorite brushes from the line, the 202. The shadows came out to $16 a piece and given that they are very large and contain more than double the product of most brands, they are a fabulous value at that price. See my previous review of Rock & Republic Shadows where I extol all of their virtues and my post on the line's blushes and glosses to learn about them! Now on to the new shades!
I picked up Veil, Affair and Difused. Veil is a very pretty creamy base shade. It is less white and more ecru than Bare Escentuals Soul and brighter than MAC Blanc Type so it has more of an uplifting effect on the eye than the MAC. I am a base shade guru and really like this one! Next up is Affair which is a gorgeous champagne shimmer, along the lines of Stila Kitten but less frosty and a touch less pink and more peach. It glistens on the eye and would make a gorgeous brow bone highlight. Lastly is Diffused, a cool shimmery taupey brown. This shade is very pretty and perfect for the crease! I love the contrast of the cool shade against my warm complexion and green eyes to really make my eyes pop. Click on the image above the make the picture larger so you can view all of the details of the shades!

Lastly I purchased another 202 eye shadow brush. The 202 is wider than a traditional crease brush and slightly smaller than a large eye shadow brush for all over color (like the Stila #5, another favorite). This is the perfect size to apply shadow to the lid and crease area for a pretty wash. The bristles are densely packed so it lays down pigment beautifully and brings out the duochrome nature of certain shadows, like Rock & Republic Brink. This brush makes the heavy gold really show up.

And here is my current collection of Rock & Republic shadows!
These are truly some spectacular shades of fabulous quality and I hope the line introduces new products and sticks around. I also hope they appear on Hautelook again! If you need a Hautelook invite, feel free to click here.

1 comment:

  1. I had a friend pick up Diffused for me in the Hautelook sale, and I wish I'd bought some others now. They are such beautiful shadows. I have Affair, and it's a lovely base shade.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails