Friday, February 11, 2011

Quelle Horreur!

Horror of horrors, I arrived at work yesterday and promptly realized that:
A. I had become a human popsicle, and
B. I left my lipstick at home and somehow had no other lipstick or gloss in my purse

While the former probably won't change until the weather warms up in March, across the street from my office is a Company Store, one of the 'By Invitation Only' Cosmetic Company Outlets. I picked up a Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Color in Blush Rose, a soft warm pink. While I generally dislike lip products in pots, this was the best color choice available.

My very favorite lipstick is Bobbi's Creamy Lip Color in Baby, and this is a few shades brighter and pinker. It applies sheerly, as you can see in the swatch. I'm not terribly fond of this formulation in pan form--the product is just too soft. I only applied it twice and you can see the dent that it has made already--pan is visible! If you're the type that can never finish a lipstick and want to experience that satisfaction, I highly endorse the Creamy Lip Color. I go through tubes of it extremely quickly.
Blush Rose is no longer available on the Bobbi Brown site, but check your local CCOs. Here it is compared to Bobbi Brown Baby and Gilded Pink (yes, the majority of my lipsticks look similar to one another).
Baby, Blush Rose, Gilded Pink:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails