Sunday, December 20, 2009

Some Non-Makeup Items I'm Loving Right Now

Even though I generally focus on makeup, I'm also into skin care, body products, clothes and accessories. Here are some products I feel are worthy of accolades:
  • Rapid Lash- I have short, thin lashes but have shied away from Latisse due to the high cost of risk of "Brown iris pigmentation which is likely to be permanent." Rapid Lash ($29-$49.99 depending on where you purchase it) uses peptides, protein and vitamins to lengthen and nourish lashes. While I'm sure Latisse would provide a more dramatic results, I've definitely noticed increase length on Rapid Lash and like the affordable price, lack of permanent side effects and paraben-free formula.
  • Archipelago Botanicals Pineapple Ginger Candle- The ginger in here isn't spicy, it just prevents the pineapple from being too sweet. This candle ($20-$23) turns my apartment into the lush tropics! The scent is strong and does carry and the candle is made of soy wax not parrafin.
  • Pangea Organics Pyrenees Lavender with Cardamom Lip Balm- that has done what many balms before it have been unable to do--keep my winter-weary lips from cracking and bleeding (ick, I know). It's super light on the lips but the healing formula really works. Worth the $12.
  • Enviracaire Germ Free Humidifier- the forced air heat in my apartment has usually turned my skin into the Sahara by now, even when using a cool mist humidifier. This one ($99-$129 depending on where it's purchased) uses a warm mist but also has filters to prevent the mold, spores and bacteria that warm mist can generate. I'm not smearing Aquafor all over like I usually to do in the winter!
  • Rachel Weissman Double Braided Headband- this silk headband ($58) is super-comfortable thanks to the soft silk and generous elastic portion but is stunning and versatile. You can separate the two braids slightly or push them together for the appearance of one thick headband. A super chic fix for bad hair days.
  • Lululemon Gratitude Wrap- I rely on Lululemon for my workout clothes, but I've fallen for this adorable outerwear/lounge piece ($128). The line is expensive but everything fits and functions perfectly. The site only has the wrap in pink but check your local store for the gray or ivory!
  • Kate Somerville Exfolikate Gentle- this does a fabulous job at removing the dry winter flaky skin that can interfere with moisturizers and makeup but it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin the way the regular Exfolikate did. This is a hybrid manual/chemical scrub so you get the best of both worlds in three minutes, twice a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails